Maspalomas (in the Canary Islands) is well known as a tourist destination, but it has long been known for the trumpet festival held there every July, where hundreds of students and dozens of world class trumpet teachers have attended.
2020 will be the second time the Maspalomas Festival will organize its International Trumpet Competition, which will take place on July 13 and 14 with the support of San Bartolomé de Tirajana City and the Rotary Club of Maspalomas.
Maspalomas International Trumpet Competition
The competition is open to trumpeters of any nationality under the age of 35 (as of January 1, 2020). There is no minimum age.
It will consist of two rounds: preliminaries (July 13) and finals (July 14), both held at the Expomeloneras Congress Center. The prizes are very interesting:
- 2,000 Euros in cash.
- A professional trumpet.
- A concert during the 2021 Maspalomas Festival.
- A student scholarship at the 2020 Festival and the 2021 Festival.
- 1,000 Euros in cash.
- A trumpet case for various trumpets by the Bags brand.
- A student scholarship at the 2021 Festival.
“Mapfre Guanarteme Foundation” Award to the best Canarian interpreter:
- Concert at the institutional headquarters of the Foundation, in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (c/ Juan de Quesada, 10), and 1,200 Euros.
The jury will be composed of various internationally renowned personalities in the trumpet world who also act as the Festival’s professors:
- Gabriele Cassone (Italy)
- Thierry Caens (France)
- Marc Geujon (France)
- Roberto Bodí (Spain)
- Randolph Lee (USA)
- Antonio Martí (Spain)
The registration period ends June 1, 2020, but there is a limit of 20 contestants, so if you want to be a contestant, you must hurry and register!